Home and Community Services
Provides individualized services and supports to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are living with their family, in their own home or in other community settings, such as small group homes.
Note: This service may not be available right away. Your name may be placed on an interest list. You will be contacted when services are available.
- Adaptive aids
- Minor home modifications
- Counseling and therapies (includes audiology; speech/language pathology, occupational or physical therapy; dietary services; social work; and psychology)
- Dental treatment
- Residential assistance (includes supported home living, foster/companion care, supervised living and residential support)
- Service Coordination
- Day habilitation
- Supported employment
Financial eligibility requirements
Financial eligibility is determined by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Other eligibility requirements:
- No age limit
- Must not be enrolled in another Medicaid waiver program.
- Must have had a determination of mental retardation made in accordance with state law or have been diagnosed by a physician as having a related condition.
- Must meet specific requirements for intelligence quotient (IQ).
- Must have chosen the HCS Program over the Intermediate Care Facilities for Persons with Mental Retardation Program.
- Have an individual plan of care that does not exceed a specific annual cost limit.
Intake: Call for information, (325) 646-9574, and an appointment will be scheduled if needed.
Assessment: Testing is done to see if a person is eligible for services.
Referral: Staff provides information about other services.
Placement: If needed, staff helps find group home placement in the community or in a state school.
For more information regarding HCS services, call (325) 646-9574